The BOF 1034 qualification satisfies the shooting qualification requirements for those applying for or renewing a California Department of Justice CCW Instructor License
("CCW DOJ Certified Instructor").
CCW DOJ Certified Instructors must qualify every 4 years. Qualifications must be completed within the 6 months prior to the submission of your BOF 1034 application. Qualifications must be conducted by another instructor who is certified by either of the following entities:
- CA Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST)
- CA Bureau of Security & Investigative Services (BSIS)
- Federal Government certified Rangemaster or Firearms Instructor
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center Firearm Instructor Training Program or Rangemaster
- United States Military, Occupational Specialty (MOS) as Marksmanship or Firearms Instructor
- Authorization from a State of California accredited school to teach a firearms training course
Upon successful completion of the qualification, I will complete and sign section B of your Department of Justice BOF Form 1034 and provide a copy of my certifications to submit with your BOF Form 1034.
What you'll need for the qualification:
NOTE: This qualification is NOT an instructor course to obtain a POST or BSIS firearms instructor certification. This is the shooting qualification you must complete when submitting your BOF Form 1034 AND either your POST or BSIS instructor certification or your authorization from a State of California accredited school to teach a firearms course.